Recent content by RICHARDN

1. R

Tracker 4 Firmware

Update: nice fast response from Scott this time. He will fix under warranty. That's a good outcome that goes some way to restoring my confidence in ADS. They have some good hardware but they do need to focus on their customer service.
  2. R

Tracker 4 Firmware

Update. I have now had a response from Scott. I will be returning the unit for service. Looks like the firmware doesnt do a version check so if the update commands are in the Autoexec file you end up in an inescapable loop. Scott did suggest an experimental process to possibly fix this but I...
  3. R

Tracker 4 Firmware

Thanks. I had emailed already. Customer service is clearly not priority at Argent unfortunately. I like the concept of their products but given their track record I will be putting future business with Microsat. They despatch efficiently and their products work as described.
  4. R

Tracker 4 Firmware

Emailed Scott. No response.
  5. R

Tracker 4 Firmware

Hi folks. I received the latest firmware update from Scott a few days ago. I copied the files to the T4 root directory and used the autoexec.cmd file to do the update. This appears to have failed and the T4 now no longer appears as a drive or serial device and the WiFi does not come on. Ideas...
  6. R

Source Code location for SR-1

Hilarious. There is no support here.
  7. R

Problems with Tracker4

Welcome to World of Tracker 4 support. Most of them get abandoned as they are so unreliable. Scott has zero idea on providing support - but he does seem happy to take the money.
  8. R

Please hang in there, everyone!

I have a Microsat unit here too. That works well. No issues. It does not have the feature set and hardware that the Tracker 4 has but then again, the Tracker 4 does not work properly.
  9. R

Unfortunately there is no equivalent unit. I have used various Chinese tracker units with some success. That's the pity about the Tracker 4, it seems like a well designed hardware platform but without reliable firmware it's pretty useless. The developer is still selling them. No warning that...
  10. R

I have had far better experiences with Chinese APRS products than this American one.
  11. R

Got radio cable, Tracker 4 beacons, but...

No-one cares. The designer has apparently given up on the product. He's happy to have taken your money though.
  12. R

Still hanging about, hoping that sometime there might be a bug-free version of the firmware. Feeling a bit annoyed that I appear to have bought into what is now a non-functional development system.
  13. R

Tracker4 GPS not working

I'm running on 145 now - thanks for your help. I have asked Scott if he will post 161 as that mostly worked for me.
  14. R

Thanks Scott. Good to know that you are still about. Any chance of posting the last firmware that mostly worked (rev 161?). That will at least get us up and running.
  15. R

Tracker4 Problems

Okay thanks - managed to force the AP mode so that gave me back the web interface with wifi mode ap command. I also discovered that it defaults to AP mode only if it cannot connect to a wifi network. Making progress.