Search results

1. N7UV

ADSWeather lib port for Arduino MKR?

Hi Keith! While I hope you the best in getting a response here, most real people seem to have vanished from here due to a variety of factors, with only spambots remaining. Perhaps you'd get a better response by contacting argentdata directly? The only reason I happened by is that I was...
  2. N7UV

Still In Business?

Hey there! It's been a ghost town here for some time. The forum's overrun by spam, and yours is the first non-spam message in quite a while. Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV
  3. N7UV

Tracker 4 Firmware

Good evening Richard - I finally received my Microsat (as documented elsewhere in this thread). I'm glad you mentioned it. Another ham-owned and operated company, and apparently Mateusz builds and tests every single one! not very scalable %^) Have you resolved any of the issues with your T4...
  4. N7UV

Tracker 4 Firmware

Good afternoon - Thanks a very good question. Wish I had an answer. I've purchased several Argent Data products over the years. The hardware does appear to be of good quality. A lot of features that appear on the hardware or are potentially implied as available (telemetry, supply voltage...
  5. N7UV

T4: Changing Wi-Fi password

Another issue I ran into this morning. I attempted to change the SSID and user password for my t4 to access my "new" home network. SSID change worked fine, but I could not change my user password. I'm using the CLI. Build 161 show wifi_ssid0 MyOldHomeNetwork set wifi_ssid0=MyNewHomeNetwork...
  6. N7UV

T4: Setting up digipeater function

After finally discovering that my Yaesu FTM-400XDR radio does not support digipeat, I'm hoping that I can make the T4 in the same truck do the work. I have a serial interface to the T4 so I'm working at the command line. Build 161 So far, I've not been able to demonstrate that my T4 is actually...
  7. N7UV

Tracker4 - Status message telemetry

Good morning Scott and all - Does this build enable telemetry? Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV
  8. N7UV

Firmware version 165 posted

I tried getting into the above T4 via USB on a Windows 10 box. No luck. Suspect it's trashed now. The one in the truck is still working, and on the older build.
  9. N7UV

Please hang in there, everyone!

Good evening, Scott - Like I said in answer to your post on another thread, my problematic T4 has not returned from never-never land after the upgrade. The upgrade screen did indicate S/W build 166 and Wi-Fi build 50, but that was the last I heard from it. I'm running Windows 7 on this box...
  10. N7UV

Firmware version 165 posted

Good evening, Scott - Thanks for the new firmware releases. I've upgraded the Sept2019 T4 on my desk here (the one that keys the radio, but where audio neither gets to or from the radio). So far, it has not reconnected to the network, which is my only way in. I revoked its DHCP lease, and did...
  11. N7UV

Yeppers - for some unknown reason, doing the power cycle every few minutes and a lease delete finally got it to officially join the home network and allow me to surf in from the local network. What I believe I've learned is that the T4 does save the info in memory, it's not super reliable in...
  12. N7UV

Man, the day's going well. I have now successfully loaded on to the T4's internal drive the 145, 161, and 163 image files. All is good there. The drive is apparently behaving. So now time to do the first reboot. Settings>Update>Reboot>Yes Darn, I really was channeling the Prof. 5 minutes...
  13. N7UV

Good news! (said like professor Farnsworth in Futurama) I tinkered more with the T4 DOA one from September and by trial and error was able to get the Wi-Fi to join my home network. What did I do? Not sure what gelled. I did things one step at a time, modifying a parameter then saving, then...
  14. N7UV

Alrighty! I put the DOA September tracker on the desk and powered it up. Connected a GPS antenna and everything. USB isn't working, so I hoped that maybe it would try a Wi-Fi AP or Wi-Fi direct mode. Lo and behold, in a minute or so up showed DIRECT-WGM110-Tracker4 on my iPad. Proved to be...
  15. N7UV

Tracker4 - Status message telemetry

Going back to this thread! The question for ADS - when/how will the telemetry function be delivered as promised? And can someone answer my questions above about temperature and voltage? Even better, can you supply me with a schematic of the T4 so that I don't have to buzz out every connection...
  16. N7UV

I have never had a copy of 160, so I can't say whether or not it's the cat's meow or not. I'm not even sure I want to experiment, as strange things can occur... I may get around to working on my DOA T4 from September - it has a problem with the USB port, so I can't talk with it that way. And it...
  17. N7UV

It's been another 6 days of running with 161 with what appears to be the 163 GUI. Remember that I had set up the T4's Wi-Fi module to work in client mode, and programmed in my two WLAN networks so that when the truck is near one location or the other, the T4 is supposed to join that network and...
  18. N7UV

After two days of 161>163>161, I can say that my experience is don't go to 163. It substantially modifies the GUI, and it doesn't change back. The 163 upgrade appears to also come with a Wi-Fi upgrade, which might also contribute to the confusion. I had the T4 stable on 161 so that I could...
  19. N7UV

i tried... but ultimately, build 163 doesn't seem to be stable for me. i loaded it this morning, drove around a bit, it appears to position beacon regularly until it doesn't. Last 5 - 6 hours, appears to beacon most of the time if I'm using aprsis32, but not necessarily reliably, and now it...
  20. N7UV

i just installed 163 from 161 before. After reboot, the T4 hasn't crashed, Wi-Fi still works, usb still works, GPS appears OK. The immediately obvious weirdness is that the last beacon value seems to be offset by 930079 hours. Also, station list is not populating. See image below. Is anyone...