Firmware version 165 posted

Scott Miller

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Still holding things down pretty much solo, but in another 10-12 days we're supposed to be out of some of the lockdown restrictions.

Firmware version 165 and WiFi firmware 50 are on the server, and you can use the 'update' command from the console or the button in the web interface to update both if you've got it online.

The main fix in this version is to bring the web front end back in sync with the back end, and it gets rid of the extraneous repeater functions. I also fixed a bug that'd cause a reset if the WiFi module rebooted while more than one websocket was open.

Scott

Scott Miller

Administrator
Staff member
Update: Just published version 166. After letting a unit run overnight I noticed that the NTP time sync wasn't properly closing its network sockets, which would cause an eventual network failure.

N7UV

Good evening, Scott -

Thanks for the new firmware releases.

I've upgraded the Sept2019 T4 on my desk here (the one that keys the radio, but where audio neither gets to or from the radio). So far, it has not reconnected to the network, which is my only way in. I revoked its DHCP lease, and did the recycle power thing again. Still nada. Let me place the clear memory jumper and see if I can get it to recover.

Not good. Powered it down, placed the clear memory jumper, counted to 30, then applied power again. (Power comes from a 12 volt source through the external power connector, not the USB.) Waited now for about 5 minutes. It did not re-join the network, and I wouldn't expect it to, but it's also not broadcasting an SSID. I've searched for a likely SSID using my DD-WRT AP, the iPad and iPhone, and the Windows 10 enterprise work laptop.

Have now recycled power, memory jumpered on, off, pulled battery, etc., and I'm not seeing it via wireless. As I said before, my only way in to this one is via the wireless. Well, it wasn't working before, and it's still not working, so I'm not out anything. Darn.

What I observe is the input voltage is 12.3 Vdc, GPS light on GPS unit is blinking off once per second, and ACT LED on front panel showing regular rhythmic activity repeating every second. The radio RX LED lights up when a packet is heard, but no effect is observable on the T4 LEDs. This T4 had been set for beacon every 10 seconds (it's on dummy load, not to worry) not I haven't seen it key the radio in the past 15 minutes or so.

I'll power it down for the night and have another look at it tomorrow.

N7UV

I tried getting into the above T4 via USB on a Windows 10 box. No luck. Suspect it's trashed now. The one in the truck is still working, and on the older build.

Update: Just published version 166. After letting a unit run overnight I noticed that the NTP time sync wasn't properly closing its network sockets, which would cause an eventual network failure.
Since updating to 166, I can no longer get the T4 to send position information unless I set "Use Fixed Location". Reset to defaults, pulled the battery, nothing helps. The GPS is locked and has valid location data, but it won't send it. I give up.

-Scott