Problems with Tracker4

I just received my Tracker4 and finally got access to it via the serial connection. Wifi connects ok and can bring up the web interface. Upgraded to ver 169 and wifi 57 and that went ok. My problem is that the unit will cease to function after about 1 to 10 minutes and a power cycle is required to regain access. I must go in via serial connection to reconnect wifi then the cycle repeats. With audio in, I do get decodes and the green led blinks, but it hard to do anything in the time interval before it drops me out.

Any ideas?

Rick

ab4gs

After several days trying to get the Tracker4 to a point that I could deploy it I've finally given up. Won't connect to my wifi when it boots and have to connect with serial usb. Works for a few minutes then the serial interface and wifi hangs and have to reboot. I didn't realize that the system was basically in the development stage.

Going to build me a RASPI / direwolf box .... that seems to be working on the bench.

Rick

Hi Rick,
If you have not already done so, I suggest emailing the support email address over at Argent web site.
That appears to open a job ticket that Scott does seem to follow up from even if it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get a response.
My TT4 still does not work correctly and has not since day 1 and even after trying V169 I still get errors when I try to update.

Good Luck
Warren.

After several days trying to get the Tracker4 to a point that I could deploy it I've finally given up. Won't connect to my wifi when it boots and have to connect with serial usb. Works for a few minutes then the serial interface and wifi hangs and have to reboot. I didn't realize that the system was basically in the development stage.

Going to build me a RASPI / direwolf box .... that seems to be working on the bench.

Rick
Welcome to World of Tracker 4 support. Most of them get abandoned as they are so unreliable. Scott has zero idea on providing support - but he does seem happy to take the money.

Scott Miller

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Pardon the duplication, but I'm going to try to hit every open thread.

Please consider this forum to be strictly peer-to-peer discussion for now. For anything that needs an official response, please contact support@argentdata.com. We're tracking all tickets through Zendesk there. I won't guarantee that everything will get handled immediately, but we can at least see and keep track of it all.

There are just two of us working on the radio side of things for now and that's not likely to change while Covid is still a thing. We've at least reached something like a steady state, even if it's still exhausting. Macrofab in Texas is now handling some of our assembly so that's taken some load off, but the holiday season is likely to have us scrambling again.

For any software issues, try the 'update' command first if that's working for you. If it's not or if it's not connected to the internet, you can grab the latest files (as of 11/19/2020) here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suawyisd15cywy6/t4.bin?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3dl2zsofaav4wz/t4-wgm.bin?dl=0

Copy them both to the tracker. From the console, run:

Code:
wifi load t4-wgm.bin
loadfw t4.bin
If whatever problem you're having persists, please email support@argentdata.com. I'll try to check back here as time permits.

Scott
N1VG