Tracker4 audio voltage on pin 1?

I'm setting up the Tracker4 (FW rev 161) but only see about .2 volt via a VOM set for AC 10V. I used both 60 and 1000 Hz for the "tone" command and FS.

What voltage levels should I see?
Thanks!

Scott Miller

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

What do you have the TX level set to? The setting should be in mV, with the default being 1000 mVp-p. The original OpenTracker didn't have code space for unit conversions and then there were tons of variants so there was never a consistent relationship between the software setting and audio level. I've been trying hard to avoid that issue in the T4 and the maximum peak to peak output should match the setting very closely.

To get the TONE command from the command shell to put out a full scale tone, you'll need to add an extra parameter, for example "tone 5000 1000 1" to generate a full scale 1000 Hz tone for 5000 ms. Without that extra '1', it generates tones at 50%. Full scale tends to be way too loud for things like courtesy tones. The test buttons from the web interface should be full scale.

In the "hang in there" thread, I just posted a new firmware update that has some other fixes that's probably worth grabbing. You can also use the 'update' command.

Scott

Hi, Scott,

According to the manual's documentation that "extra" parameter on the "tone" command line should have been "FS", as I noted in my post.
I'll try the digit 1 instead, after I update to the new firmware.

Thanks!

Hi,

What do you have the TX level set to? The setting should be in mV, with the default being 1000 mVp-p. The original OpenTracker didn't have code space for unit conversions and then there were tons of variants so there was never a consistent relationship between the software setting and audio level. I've been trying hard to avoid that issue in the T4 and the maximum peak to peak output should match the setting very closely.

To get the TONE command from the command shell to put out a full scale tone, you'll need to add an extra parameter, for example "tone 5000 1000 1" to generate a full scale 1000 Hz tone for 5000 ms. Without that extra '1', it generates tones at 50%. Full scale tends to be way too loud for things like courtesy tones. The test buttons from the web interface should be full scale.

In the "hang in there" thread, I just posted a new firmware update that has some other fixes that's probably worth grabbing. You can also use the 'update' command.

Scott

Hi, Scott,

The transmitter and receiver settings for audio signal level is 1000 mV

Via the web page for the tracker I issued the "update" command and got the same size and md5 summary that is firmware version 161, which
is what I had before. And the "updates" settings verifies that the main firmware version is 161.

-rwxrwxrwx 1 xxx staff 405276 Feb 6 2019 t4-161.bin
-rwxrwxrwx 1 xxx staff 405276 Mar 16 15:01 t4.bin
$ md5 t4.bin
MD5 (t4.bin) = 0e4eed9a4660beb84556356b28928360
$ md5 t4-161.bin
MD5 (t4-161.bin) = 0e4eed9a4660beb84556356b28928360

I'll be looking forward to the new firmware!
Thanks!

Scott Miller

Administrator
Staff member
I think that wasn't mean to be a literal 'FS', but as an option name. Right now it doesn't matter what you put there - as long as you put any extra parameter on it, it'll make it full scale.

Version 165 (and WiFi v50) is out. Run 'update' and it'll grab both.

Thanks, Scott. From the command line the first update grabbed the WiFi update and appeared to download the firmware (166 not 165) but the
firmware update failed. A second update downloaded the firmware and updated the firmware and shut down.

Upon power-up the status LEDs shows a "solid red" and the neighboring green LED is flashing. Is that the intent

AC voltage between pins 1 and 6 is still .2 volts. I'm going to have to find someone with an oscilloscope to see what's actually there.

Thanks!

Watching the console status screen I see something concerning:

< IGate: Disconnected >
< IGate: Connected >
cmd:
KH6CP>APOT40,WIDE2-2:
>

This is new in 166.

Scott Miller

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Pardon the duplication, but I'm going to try to hit every open thread.

Please consider this forum to be strictly peer-to-peer discussion for now. For anything that needs an official response, please contact support@argentdata.com. We're tracking all tickets through Zendesk there. I won't guarantee that everything will get handled immediately, but we can at least see and keep track of it all.

There are just two of us working on the radio side of things for now and that's not likely to change while Covid is still a thing. We've at least reached something like a steady state, even if it's still exhausting. Macrofab in Texas is now handling some of our assembly so that's taken some load off, but the holiday season is likely to have us scrambling again.

For any software issues, try the 'update' command first if that's working for you. If it's not or if it's not connected to the internet, you can grab the latest files (as of 11/19/2020) here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suawyisd15cywy6/t4.bin?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3dl2zsofaav4wz/t4-wgm.bin?dl=0

Copy them both to the tracker. From the console, run:

Code:
wifi load t4-wgm.bin
loadfw t4.bin
If whatever problem you're having persists, please email support@argentdata.com. I'll try to check back here as time permits.

Scott
N1VG