ADSWeather lib port for Arduino MKR?

Hi

I recently bought the Argent weather vane, anemometer, rain bucket DIY kit that Sparkfun sells - and I bought here in Australia. See here.

I intende to use the ADSWeather Lib with an Arduino project. As I'm doing a IoT project I'm using an Arduino MKR1000 or a MKR1010. It seems that the library is incompatible with these models and wont compile.

Has anyone done the code conversion please to make the library wok on the MKR series - notably MKR 1000 (Atmel ATSAMW25 SoC (System on Chip),) or the MKR 1010 (Cortex-M0 32-bit SAMD21 chin).

Id be most appreciative if anyone can assist.

Cheers and thanks Keith

Hi Keith!

While I hope you the best in getting a response here, most real people seem to have vanished from here due to a variety of factors, with only spambots remaining. Perhaps you'd get a better response by contacting argentdata directly?

The only reason I happened by is that I was cleaning up my bookmarks and wondered if the forum was still alive :)

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

Ian ZL1VFO

Staff member
Hi,
I'm not able to help with the library unfortunately, Hopefully the compile errors will point you in the direction of which bits the code is upset at. Perhaps verify the inputs the code uses are indeed present with the same names on the hardware.
One thing to note is the library make mention of a 10k pullup resistor to +5V, although the Arduino MKR1000 apparently has inputs that are only good up to 3.3V, so pulling up to that would be safer on the Arduino. For a noise perspective, perhaps adding a 0.1uF capacitor across each input to ground, as well as a 3.3 zener diode to protect the inputs. Long wires can pick up quite a few volts, esp if weather has really low humidity or there are lightning storms in the area.
73s
Ian ZL1VFO

Hi,
I'm not able to help with the library unfortunately, Hopefully the compile errors will point you in the direction of which bits the code is upset at. Perhaps verify the inputs the code uses are indeed present with the same names on the hardware.
One thing to note is the library make mention of a 10k pullup resistor to +5V, although the Arduino MKR1000 apparently has inputs that are only good up to 3.3V, so pulling up to that would be safer on the Arduino. For a noise perspective, perhaps adding a 0.1uF capacitor across each input to ground, as well as a 3.3 zener diode to protect the inputs. Long wires can pick up quite a few volts, esp if weather has really low humidity or there are lightning storms in the area.
73s
Ian ZL1VFO
Thank you Ian for touching base - these are good tips - but I think that the problem is the processor type for the MKR - the compiler simply wont accept the library at all - are you the original creator of this code ?